In the modern, fast-paced world, people often don’t seem to find the time to stay fit and enjoy regular exercise. This is why many people choose to acquire a treadmill for their homes, so that they can enjoy a full cardio workout, without having to leave the home. In fact, many people nowadays enjoy getting regular exercise while watching TV, chatting to friends or sharing videos via social media – a truly modern way to work out.
However, choosing the right treadmill is not an easy choice to make, as each different model offers a unique array of fancy features. As such, this article aims to help consumers make a more informed decision by explaining the benefits of various features, as well as which are worth investing in for your health and fitness sessions at home.
Safety should Always be First Priority
When acquiring a new treadmill, or considering which one to buy, a smart consumer understands that safety should always be top priority – especially if it will be placed within a home with young children. This is because treadmills are designed with intricate moving parts, which can be a danger to children who want to play on them or exercise like mommy or daddy. This is often why many models will have the separate on/off switch at the front of the base, so that kids can’t accidentally turn the machine on or hurt themselves on the mechanical moving parts.
Additional safety features that can be valuable are safety pins, which clip via a strong and clamp onto clothing to turn the machine off if the user falls, as well as password protection for older kids who understand the on/off switch but may still hurt themselves while the parents are out. However, it’s up to each individual to decide which of these features are important, and whether or not they will even utilize them, before making the purchase decision.
Which Features are Actually Important?
Modern treadmills from reputable brands like TreadmillTrends have become surprisingly advanced and offer a plethora of fantastic gadgets, doohickeys and features to make exercise at home a lot more enjoyable. However, in a similar fashion to safety features, it’s up to each individual to decide whether or not certain features are important, or if they will even be utilized at all. As such, the features that actually matter vary from person to person, although the following features are those which can add genuine value to a home exercise experience.
- Incline and Decline Modes – One of the most common features seen on modern treadmills are incline and decline modes, which tilt the running platform upwards and downwards. While this may not seem like much, running up and down slopes – compared to flat terrain – works out different muscles throughout the whole body. Additionally, some models offer complete landscapes to run, in which it emulates a running route that goes up and down slopes – similar to a route that would be found naturally outside.
- Progress Tracking – Being able to track the progress of a workout is about more than just measuring the value of time spent, but can actually offer motivation during intense sessions. Many users enjoy pushing themselves “that final mile” when they are able to see precisely how far they’ve run and how much they have improved since previous sessions. As such, this is arguably one of the top additional features that many individuals consider when acquiring a new treadmill.
- Audio and Video Capabilities – For techno-savvy individuals who don’t often separate from their smart devices, some models offer audiovisual capabilities to connect with MP3 players, cell phones or directly to the internet, allowing users to watch TV shows, enjoy social media or simply listen to their favorite tracks while they get fit. Some individuals, however, prefer to focus on their exercise alone, and as such may not need these types of features.
- Heartbeat and Cardio Monitors – Whether for health or motivational reasons, features that can track and evaluate your heartbeat and cardio offer genuine advantages. With such features, a user can exercise to precision, burning off specific amounts of calories and ensuring that their heartbeats stay within particular ranges for the best possible workout.
- Safety Features – While we have mentioned that safety is important in homes with small children, safety features are also important to adults as well. Sometimes even small mistakes or mishaps can lead to serious injury, so be sure to consider a model with a safety key and enough space for your full stride.
Treadmills are an excellent way for individuals to get fit and stay healthy while still enjoying all of the typical activities that they would in the morning or evening. And with so many exciting features available in current models, almost any individual could find the perfect model to cater to their unique, modern needs.